2.23.2014

This is funny.

I am currently sitting in bed, stuffing my face with the largo, grande-sized kettle corn from Cinemark. Literally, stuffing my face. Like where you are slumped down, face staring at the computer. There are crumbs all over my chest/stomach, and sheets {sorry husband}, hair in a ratted-i-just-woke-up kinda do. I am pretty sure they put some type of drug in this popcorn when we went to see the lego move yesterday (which was amazing. Go see it. I laughed a lot. and I didn't really think I would be in to that kind of thing). But whatever. I'll take it. Even though my stomach is kind of making weird noises now, the bag will probably be gone by the end of the evening.

Funny story though. So Steve and I watched our sweet niece, "Indie Warner" as she calls herself, this past week. We did all sorts of fun things like going to the grocery store, playing with walter the dog, taking two hour baths, etc. but one thing in particular Indie loved, was going to to her cousins house. When it was time to leave, she did NOT want to go. Full on tantrum, and then slapped me.. a few times. Any who, I got mad at her, did the whole little discipline thing, and that was that. Fast forward a couple hours to dinner with my sister. This is how the conversation went:


Me to sister: "So Indie had a little incident a little while ago"

Sister to indie: "Uh-Oh indie, what happened?"
Me to sister: "Indie got mad and hit me"
Indie: "It's okay though..." (In a "lets try to make things better" kinda voice)
Sister to Indie: "Indie! Why did you hit her?"
Indie: "It's a looong story.."

WHAT? "It's a long story"... since when does  a 3 year old even know how to apply that saying? We could not stop laughing. She thought it was hilarious too.


I just added in this beauty because seeing her swim around in her goggles and swim cap every morning, was probably the best ten minutes of my day.



2 comments :

  1. Swimming lessons! How fun! I saw this on my BlogLovin feed and was totally confused because this is my sister-in-law, Mindee. My baby obviously takes swimming lessons too and wears the same hat and goggles so I thought it was a picture of her and was totally confused. Cute post! And so happy that your little niece is taking swimming lessons from some of my favorite people :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelsey, when I first took her last week I knew that her teacher looked familiar! I just couldn't remember from where! Thank you for making the connection! haha And they are THE BEST! Seriously. I hope they are still around when I have kids!

      Delete