10.02.2014

home and fun things

I feel like I have sort of caught up on our lives the past months, but then again I don't. September was sort of a blur. I would fly out to California every weekend for 5 days, then fly back during the week to go to school, I flew on more airplanes in one month than I probably have in my entire life (might be an exaggeration, might not be), and I lived off of eating out for every meal (which totally isn't awesome.. don't even get me started). Steve and I seriously pushed ourselves to wits end finishing this summer. When we drove back to Utah together (a whole 5 days ago), it was like angels where welcoming us back to the blessed state we like to call home. SOO nice I tell you.

We have been going at life hard the past week packing, unpacking, moving things around, putting things in storage, trying to figure out what we are doing... haha but it is so awesome. Steve and I make each other laugh at every turn in life and it is just the best. I have been feeling sort of frustrated, worried, stressed (all those sorts of feelings that make you want to go for a run but eat a whole pan of brownies by yourself at the same time?), for the past week or so, but I am reminded every day that sometimes no plan is better than any plan a person could have in their life. And let me tell you people, Steve and I have the most amazing family anyone could every ask for. My sister in law is my best friend who lets me yell in frustration at people and then gives me a gallon of ice cream to eat, my mom makes us homemade meals and gives us food like we are homeless, starving, college students who don't know how to cook (wait, we are), Steve's brother and his wife are letting us stay with them for a couple months while we find a place to own, and I can't even handle all of the good stuff I am learning in school right now that is going to help me through the rest of my life (probably never heard a student say that, huh?). Anyway. We are just blessed. And I just have to remember that that is what it comes down to. When I just focus on the little things sometimes, it helps remember that the big stuff will fall into place.

Okay. I'm off my quick second soap box now. Want to see what we have done this past month?? (WARNING - I am still on my kick of low quality iPhone pictures on the blog. It'll be over soon. I hope.)

We took a break one night and went to watch our beloved dodgers against the san francisco giants! It was the first time that we had been to a game just us two. We had so much fun! We stuffed our faces with dodger dogs and I bought my first dodger jersey! I guess you could say that I am a true fan at this point.


We picked up all of our prizes from the summer and racked in some awesome stuff! Hard work pays off. Now we have to get another bike so we can start biking and feeling like we are awesome at doing outdoor things. 


And to top off the fun events, I went to Lagoon with some family last night for the Vivint year end partay!! Vivint is pretty awesome at doing cool stuff for their employees. Last year they brought Imagine Dragons to town, and this year they rented out Lagoon for two nights. Mr. Warner didn't come cause those kinds of rides make him sick and he would have been miserable. So sisters, brother, dad, and michele all came. The dinner was gross (lagoon food), we laughed, we cried, we had to stop on the side of the freeway on the way home to throw up, it was basically great. 



Cheers to beautiful lives! 

>>Ry

1 comment :

  1. geeeze so much change is happening for you! it sounds crazy but i'm sure it's totally exciting :)
    -k
    www.kerryjune.com

    ReplyDelete