5.12.2013

MIA

Yes, this post is entitled MIA… because, yes, I have been missing in action for the past little while.

We have officially been here in Rancho Cucamonga (the "cooc" as we call it) for 2 weeks now. When I look back at how long we have been here, I swear time is going by faster than usual; but then when it is 4 o'clock in the afternoon and I am sitting on the curb eating a cliff bar for dinner, the minutes take like an hour each to go by. Welcome to summer sales my friends!!

What a life it is.

#1) My husband. He is the best. Some of you already know that….but no, you really have no idea how amazing he really is. A week before we were supposed to leave for the summer, both Mr. and I started having second thoughts about me selling or not.. after months of having the plan that we would both sell this summer (and maybe more summers to come.. more on that later), so that I wouldn't have to go to school and work at the same time, we could buy our first house faster, etc. we were now second guessing ourselves. Long story short, that was so idiotic  of us… like for real.. what were we thinking???

I couldn't imagine not being out here with him, or him here without me. because that would suck. Strong word, but true.

PS… I've already made more in one week here, than I would have made in two months at my job back home… and I was getting paid way more than minimum wage at that pretty place, too. SO.. leading in to my next point.

#2) Hard Job = Amazing Results. You won't find this girl anywhere but on your doorstep for the next 3 1/2 months.. unless it is ten at night, then I will be in my bed exhausted. I won't lie.. last week I wasn't so sure about this whole thing… Every single morning  I would want to throw up and start crying. (That is still the case by the way… don't think it is changing anytime soon either). BUT I would make these amazing people that I am with out here drop me off on the curb and drive away. Crazy, right? But I promised myself that I would do this. It's not for Steve, it's not for any of the other guys selling out here, it's for me. So that I can prove to myself that I can do hard things. Because this is hard. I think I could say that this is the hardest thing I have ever done. Last Tuesday, May 7th, I sat on the curb and finally broke down crying because I hated my life so much. But then I went and got my first sale, and realized that my life is going to go on, and it will be awesome. And I have to keep remembering that every single day.

SHOUT OUT!! To my sweet and loving and supportive and amazing Mr. Warner, as well as all of the family and friends I have out here with me. Definitely couldn't do it with out you. And that is fact.

#3) Birthday. I will be a one week old, 20 year old tomorrow!! How cool is that! It was my birthday last monday, and it was one different than I have ever had before. Normal day of wearing the same attire 6 days out of the week, and a few doors slammed in my face. I tried to play the "but it's my birthday card" a few times.. it didn't work to say the least. Mr. Warner did make sure we celebrated with a sweet dinner at PF Changs that night. Our great friend Michael, and his papa Simon Hodson came and celebrated with us too. They serenaded me with their birthday toons, and it was fantastic. I'm 20 now. People still say that is young, and it's annoying, but its better than having the word "teen" at the end of your age. I can say that I don't feel any different. I have always felt like I'm 23 or 24, so maybe when those ages catch up to me I will start feeling my real age :)


Now that I have written half a novel, I will save the few readers that consume my words and hold off on all of my other thoughts until a later date.. Which won't be two weeks away. I can promise you that. I actually have started a list of what I want to talk about. There is so much. And this summer is going to be so great. 

>> Ry

1 comment :

  1. Good for you, Sariah. I look up to you for doing that. Sales is HARD. I've never even done it and I know that. Keep going! We are rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete