8.05.2013

August

Sayyy Whhhattt??

Is it seriously already August? This is like shocker for me. The first week of August is almost over. And I'm actually having a hard time accepting it.

> The summer ends this month

> School starts this month

> I say goodbye to my husband for a month this month

> I get to see my family this month

> I get to drive on the roads in orem and be surrounded by mountain beauty this month

> I am leaving this glorious state that I love so much this month

AND The summer sales season is ending this month

Part of me wants to just soak in the sun these next few weeks and take my time at the pool, take little road trips to the beach, try and search out all of the little thrift shops that I have been wanting to all summer..

and then I'm like wait… 

No Sariah..

You need to take advantage of the next three weeks that you have, and make as much mula as possible. I am 16 away from my goal, and I will reach it no matter what it takes. So then I get my head on straight again and say, okay now get in the car and drive to the area. 

I think that has been my biggest leap this summer is having incredible amounts of self-discipline. It is so hard for me to just get myself out there, and knock on doors. I have learned more about myself, my needs, my wants, my dreams, my desires, my strengths this summer, more than any other time in my life. And I am so grateful for it. It has no doubt been the hardest thing I've ever done, but yesterday when I was finalizing my school schedule for this fall it dawned on me…

I won't EVER have to work and go to school at the same time AGAIN!!! I want to cry happy tears just thinking about it… I am going to be done with school by two in the afternoon.. two days out of the week I only have one class… and quite frankly I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself. (besides the fact that I am taking 19 credits and that I actually might be busier than I was before because of that).

This summer is already paying off… I am such a lucky girl. For so many reasons.

Here is to finishing off strong, maybe getting a little pool time in, and trying to get my husband to drink nasty tasting protein drinks by the end of the summer. Hooorraaahhh!! 

>>Ry

PS. I'm obsessed with "home" stuff. Like all things decorating. I can't wait to have a place to call our own and be able to do whatever I want with it. Yes.


1 comment :

  1. If it makes you feel any better, BYU doesn't start until Sept. 3. Not sure about UVU.

    ReplyDelete