1.24.2013

Freeze this rain

picture this:

Walk out of my apartment, down the covered stairs, and think to myself "Oh look, it's raining! Pretty."

Take a few steps onto the side walk. Foot slides a little "Woah, that was a close one, kinda slippery up in here."

Put the tip of my following foot on the step below, arms in the air, mouth in awe, purse flies, butt on ground.

"Hurry Sariah, stand up before anyone see's you."

"Ouch, that kinda hurt"

"Crap, now my pants, AND my coat are soaking wet. This is going to be great walking into work."

Composure gained, and I try to walk like a penguin to save my soul from the deadly stuff under my feet. The parking garage comes... "Take it easy, this is kind of steep, and there is probably ice."

I try, one litte step, almost lost it. "Woah that was a close one, Sariah, get yourself together here."

Decide that maybe if I try to lean up against the cement wall, it may assist me. Not happenin'

"Okay, you have to get down to your car sooner or later. Just go for it."

I go for it. 10 feet downhill of skate slidding, in my converse, arms waving in the rain, and then I finally hit dry ground.

Turned around and looked at the adventure I had trying to leave for the gosh dang day, and laughed, and smiled to myself, and called my love to warn him of the business that this weather was trying to trick us with.

It made me feel better that he did the same thing taking the trash out.

Watch your bums out there people, It's a war.

{On a lighter note, I have a new nugget in my life as of Monday. Tommy. Haven't seen him yet since he's the biggest little (just go with it) fighter in the universe and is almost done dominating some sickies in the NICU, but I already love him. Thank's for the new nephew brother Scott and sister Mickell. I took some other littles to the circus last night. You'll die at the amazing time we had. It'll be worth the wait}

1 comment :