6.17.2014

Adventure Folsom Style

One of Mr. Warner's best friends is doing an internship here in California, and is living like 2 hours away from us. After knocking our little hearts out this weekend, we decided to go and give him and his aunt and uncle a little visit! They live just outside of Sacramento in Folsom, Ca. and I love it there. And them. They are some of the sweetest people I have ever met and we could probably consider them family at this point.

We had a few native tour guides on our trip to folsom that made our sweet little two day trip. We saw (almost) all there was to see and obviously I had my camera clicking the entire time. LOVE it up there. The homes are beautiful, the lakes are beautiful. just beautiful beautiful. We saw the sun go down as we over looked this beautiful golf course and it was breathtaking. Not to mention downtown folsom with all of the adorable, vintagey shops you can think of. I was head over heals for this place! I wish we could have stayed longer to look through all of the shops and what not, but from what we saw, we know we will be back. Oh, and you know good ol' Johnny Cash? Like Walk The Line, Johnny Cash? Ya we went and visited the old folsom prison and it felt cool. Like just knowing that J.C. played there, graced his presence and what not. And maybe the fact that we were like ten feet away from the guards who were keeping bad guys in the prison. {insert a kinda scared face here} It was awesome though. So much history in that place. We watched walk the line the line the night before we visited too, so it was a good refresher. I have such a love hate relationship with that man. Okay I'll stop now and you can just see for yourself. 





We had a lovely father's day bbq, and even though we weren't able to be with our pops to celebrate their existence, I felt just as much love for them as ever. Really all the men in my life that have taught me what a true father, priesthood holder, and example is. Especially my guy. I have the best partner in crime, and personal comedian that has ever touched this earth, and I can already see the love that he is going to have for our children when it's time to bring some sweet spirits into this world. I'm grateful for him. 

There are two VERY different feels between southern california, and northern california... and I always thought that our warn head hearts would be owned by that lovely, sunny beachiness forever.. but after these past few months here up north, that might be changing :/ say whhaatt?? It is so green here, and the sights are to die for. Like it is getting to the point where it might be considered dangerous for me to drive because I can't keep my head from swiveling back and forth at all there is to see. It's a problem and I'm trying to get better. haha 

>> Ry


No comments :

Post a Comment