6.04.2014

Utah

Last weekend was a great one. 

I went home and saw almost all of my spectacular family and had the most refreshing time. I spent a whole day with my sweet mama filled with yoga, rawtopia, whole foods, and shopping. (literally refreshing, I told you). The yoga class that I went to was so needed. Before we left for the summer I did yoga on a regular basis at 3b, like 5 minutes away from where we lived, and I have missed it so much since we left. I always forget how much it helps me not only physically, but mentally and emotionally as well. Let's not forget to mention how eating lunch at rawtopia helped me physically, mentally, AND emotionally as well. Holy cow face that place is delicious. Seriously. All raw, vegan, gluten free goodness that is so incredibly healthy for you and has that same incredible taste. You can basically feel the health pouring into your body. I'm not even kidding. If you are ever in Sugar House. you HAVE to try it. I felt like I could conquer the world when my mom and I left that place. 

Side note: I drank the most delicious chocolate milk from whole foods while I was in Utah. I don't even remember what brand it was. But it was amazing. Considering the fact I HATE milk, like loathe and don't even put it with my cereal (rice milk all the way baby), I got super stoked when I started craving that creamy stuff. I obviously had to go the route of chocolate though. Just to stay safe. And you bet I'll be making a trip to our nearest whole foods to get some of that goodness again. 

The main reason I booked this trip was to see Mckenna graduate! She left Orem High with honors upon honors and I was so happy to be able to see her complete that phase of her life! She is way smarter than me. And more talented. But I'm grateful for it. 

P.S. I forgot how long those dang things are. 3 hours?? I was dying by the end. Hunger Pangs to the max, and when the Petty girls get Hangry... you don't even wanna know. 

I also had a 4.5 hour massage. Ya. you read that right. four and a half flipping hours! I have the most amazing massage therapist. I don't even know why she did that for me, but we did realize that my body was (is) a lot more messed up than we thought it would be. 

And whats a trip home without hours and hours with the BFF? It was so good to be able to vent and eat ice cream without feeling horrible again. And that electro dash run was awesome too. Still miss you Hales. 

And my mom made me a rice bag out of flax seed. She put lavender in it and it reminds me of her. She is awesome. 

Here is my trip in pictures! (I was having so much fun I didn't even think to take out my good camera except for Ken's graduation. Crappy iPhone pics will have to do). 













Our pool is open now. Here is to hoping I get a tan this summer! Wohoo!

>> Ry

No comments :

Post a Comment