8.11.2014

the weekend

I'm warning you right now that this is more of a journal entry with no purpose and a lot of disorganization. go ahead and read if you want.

I've been thinking lately.. about how life is simple. I think I have always known that I have a simple mind. really when it comes to everything; what I believe, learning in school. I understand things in a simple, realistic way. With that being said, not everything in this world is simple, which can sometimes throw me for a loop when I'm trying to wrap my head about something more complicated than making brownies with coconut oil. (haha - I feel like I'm making myself sound super dumb and un-intelligent right now. promise I am sort of smart people). I have just been thinking lately about the decisions that Steve and I are facing in our lives. Big ones at that. Like what to do with our hard earned money, how there are so many not simple choices that we are having to make in the next little while. (really people - how hard can it be to decide what kind of dog to get? kidding - but really. That is one of the more simple decisions might you know). And then I think about how simple our summer lives are - and how I'm going to miss is tooo much. We wake up, eat, work, fall asleep next to each other, go on little adventures, discover more and more about one another each day.. It just seems simple sometimes. But soo complicated at too.

Just rambles over here. But it has been on my mind lately. How simple can life really get? And how do our minds make it so complicated.. Deep stuff friends.

Any who (I feel like I'm saying that a lot lately).. We had a great weekend. I didn't sell on Saturday which was a bummer because I worked dang hard.. and was so close so many times. but it's alright. There is always today. We went and hung out with some chubby baby cousins of mine that night and it made me baby hungry. Steve and I went to the full 3 hours of our ward on Sunday which was so refreshing. We have been traveling and out of town so much the past couple weeks, and I loved being able to just sit, and feel at peace, and just take in a lot of good stuff. (the good stuff meaning parenting - raising children - Steve and I had one of those really in depth couple conversations after church while I was making these BOMB chicken tacos which was really fun. The kind of conversation that makes you just smile and fall in love with each other all again - that is for another post though. It was cool).

We are working in Sacramento for the week and I already love it up here. love it enough that I would raise my kids here, that kind of love. I am going to be staying in a hotel room with three stinky boys though (one of them is my husband - who smells good most of the time, so that shouldn't be a problem) so wish me lots of luck and patience and stuff.

That's all.


>> Ry

4 comments :

  1. i definitely agree that life is simple. we tend to overcomplicate things in our minds, but when it all comes down to it, i think it's about enjoying the journey. thanks for the rambling, it was a lovely read. i hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Julia! Enjoying the journey is right sister. Glad there is someone out there who can relate :) XOXO

      Delete
  2. Hey hey , I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!!!! All the details you need are here: http://chloej28.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/hey-hey-i-was-nominated-totake-part-in.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chloe! What an honor. Loved reading yours and getting to know a little more about you!

      Delete