8.04.2014

Life


So I had the goal of finishing a book before the summer was over. Last week I bought the book Escape, by Carolyn Jessop and I just couldn't put it down. I finished it in like 5 days. I was that hooked. I had to force myself to not bring it with me while I worked or I wouldn't have knocked on one door all week. I have always had a thing for books that are intense and empowering... maybe because of some of the experiences I have had in my life, and some of the amazing women I look up to that have dealt with and overcome some incredible obstacles.. I dunno. But that kind of stuff absolutely fascinates me (Steve sometimes makes fun of me for it ha. But it's whatever). 

Any who, I've been thinking a lot lately about this life that I have been given. About how I am living my life right now, and the luxuries that I have that so many people in the world are so unaware of. I probably sound like a crazy person right now, ha the fact that one single book brought all of these emotions to surface for me (that and Steve and I had an awesome talk about obedience last night - I love talking about smart, in-depth things with my husband. I feel like we grow closer with every word that comes out of our mouths and I love it), but it's true. I have been reflecting on how blessed I am to live the way I do. I think about some of the hard things that I have had to go through in my life, or that Steve and I may have ahead of us, and it truly makes me grateful. It makes me grateful to think that there is a God that cares about us enough to help us learn how to become stronger. To give us chances to improve ourselves, and is there every millisecond that we may need help. Then I think about the people in our world like carolyn jessop. The life that she, and so many women had to (and still have to) live. That "Why?" question always comes up when I think about stuff like that, and even though I already feel like I know the answer (maybe the answer is just sufficient for me) I always get curious and have to have long thoughts with myself about it. Then I come back to the same few sentences every time. Our spirits our strong enough to endure anything that is put in our way, as long as we are obedient and willing to work with our Father in Heaven. I remember that those women who live any FLDS community, and those children that have to face all that they do in Syria, or the babies who sleep in huts at night, all have spirits strong enough to withstand their circumstances. (but that doesn't stop the other part of me that wants to walk into Colorado City and shake every single women silly and go and buy them mini skirts and take tops and take a bat to every man's head - was that too harsh?)

Bottom line, I'm grateful. I'm grateful that I have to worry about whether or not I am going to get yelled at by a complete stranger when I knock on their doors a couple times a day. I am grateful that I open the fridge and have an endless amount of items I could scarf in seconds. I am grateful that I have a man who respects me, and see's my worth, and loves me for it. I'm just plain grateful.

{oh, and last night steve and I drove home from a little sight seeing and that picture above is what we ran into. I mean, really? Heaven is for real people. Like seriously for real. I love this life.}

And now Steve and I are going to go and write down 100 things that we are thankful for. Heaven knows we have been blessed with much more than 100 things, and for that, I wouldn't give up what I know and the Gospel I live for anything.

Let's all be blessed together.

>Ry

3 comments :

  1. I introduced your mom to that book. Isn't it NUTS??!! I really get into books like that, books that convey the resilience of the human spirit. People are amazing. Love your blog as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So unreal!!! I couldn't put it down. Love and miss you!!!

      Delete
  2. Okay you are so sweet!! I totally just followed you on Blog Lovin! So glad we found each other. Your blog is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete