7.08.2014

America


Oops.. I'm a little behind right now.. But hey, I have a good excuse. My family has been in town for the past week and it has been just the best. 

Steve and I worked really really really hard this past fourth of July. When a lot of other people either took the day off, or only worked a few hours, Steve and I busted our butts and knocked on doors until like 6:15 pm. (Not saying that we are awesome or better than anyone else.. we just decided to go crazy hard... even though we are kinda awesome :).. and we take other days off sometimes too ha) Anywho. We worked hard. We won a sweet bike and some rad headphones which made the day even more worth it. Working hard with my husband makes me feel good. that we accomplished that together. That we worked together and hit our goal together. It is seriously such a happy feeling for me. 

I would say that we are pretty patriotic and I that the fourth of July is probably one of my favorite holidays. Hands down. At first I was pretty bummed that we had got done working so late.. all of our friends were already out doing stuff together.. and we didn't really have any plans. I was having a pity party. Which was so incredibly stupid. Steve came up with quick last minute plans and our night was perfect. (what's new there?). We dressed up in our red, white, and blue for our own enjoyment of course, and to feel like we were sort of celebrating in a normal way, and went to walnut creek - which we have solidified as one of our most favorite places. we walked around for a bit and kind of acted like teenagers roamin the streets, trying to find sparklers to have fun with which didn't happen. We ate some yogurtland which was my absolute favorite and pretty much the only place open. it was fine with me. (I always feel so grateful for the people who work on holidays... I like want to give them a hug or something). We then went and saw a movie called "America" (fitting, right?) and learned all about how amazing our country really is. Which was the perfect way to celebrate. 

I'd have to say that watching fireworks from a rooftop was my most favorite thing.Words don't even describe so I won't try. My guy always gets me. As long as it's Steve and I. We are always having a great time. It was seriously the most simple, perfect time and I wouldn't have changed a thing. It was one of those nights where you don't even need a ton of pictures to remember how great it was. Just the memories and feelings are more than enough (hence the reason we only took two pictures). Those are my favorite kind of nights sometimes. 


>Ry

No comments :

Post a Comment